- A.P. Moczek. “On the Origins of Novelty and Diversity in Development and Evolution: A Case Study on Beetle Horns,” Cold Spring Harbor Symposia on Quantitative Biology VLXXIV (2009): 289-296
- Armin P. Moczek, Teiya Kijimoto, Emilie Snell-Rood, Guilherme Rocha, Melissa Pespeni, and Karen Kadafar, “Evolutionary and Cological Genomics of Developmental Plasticity: Novel Approaches and First Insights From the Study of Horned Beetles,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 781 (2014): 127-148.
- Devon Troutman, “Rhinoceros Beetle,” last modified Monday, November 14, 2011, http://digitalinsectcollection.wikispaces.com/Rhinoceros+Beetle.
- G.J. Arrow, “A contribution to the classification of the coleopterous family Dynastidae,” Transactions of the Entomological Society of London 2 (1908): 321-358.
- J. Mark Rowland, Kelly B. Miller, “Phylogeny and systematics of the giant rhinoceros beetles (Scarabaeidae: Dynastini),” Insecta Mundi 0263 (2012): 1-15.